Stuck with a boring 3-ring binder?
Duck Tape® to the rescue!
Here’s a quick tutorial that’ll help you snaz up (did I just say SNAZ UP? Oy.) your bland binder. All you need is a binder, some rad Duck Tape® (buy Duck Tape at Walmart), and a craft knife.
1. Measure the binder. Mine is about 10″ wide and 11″ tall.
2. Find a flat smooth surface to lay out your design on. I’m using my cutting mat because the tape easily peels off, and the craft knife won’t hurt the surface.
3. I’m going for a zebra pattern, so I’ve laid out some alternating strips with angled ends.
4. Use the craft knife to shape your pieces of tape.
5. I’m saving all the bits I peel off to further fill in the design.
6. After filling in the design with the scraps, I think I’ve got it to my liking.
7. Peel the strips off and start applying to the binder. You can use a chopstick to smooth the tape out and make sure the edges lay flat.
8. Done! You can also do the back and insides, if you want.
Get creative with your shapes- polka dots, stripes, chevron, stars, hearts… Go crazy!
Follow @TheDuckBrand on Twitter for tons of creative inspiration.