This week’s WhatTheCraft Giveaway is sponsored by Lex of SmarmyClothes. If you’re a real smart cookie, you already know that I’M LEX! And I’m giving away this rockin’ little mini purse that’s featured in the FIRST EVER WhatTheCraft video tutorial.
SmarmyClothes offers eclectic d.i.y. clothing & accessories with a little bit of punk, Japanese street fashion, goth, and rockabilly flavor.
This petite little purse is made with rocktastic fabric printed all over with vintage radios. It has checkerboard and striped heart + music note shaped applique details, a full lining, and a snap closure. It’s the perfect size for all your necessities – wallet, phone, keys, and lipstick!
The winner of this giveaway will receive:
a one of a kind SmarmyClothes mini purse
Valued at $25!
Surely you’re dying to see me interview myself!
How long have you been running SmarmyClothes?
SmarmyClothes started out in 2002 as an excuse to not do homework when I was in college. When I started thinking about all the supplies I could buy if I sold some of the stuff I made, I decided to give it a try. I couldn’t turn back after that.
Is it a full-time or part-time endeavor?
Full-time almost doesn’t cover it. If you add up all of the listing, photographing, sketching, marketing, etc. I do aside from sewing, I’m working 3 jobs at once. But I love it, so I can’t complain!
Where do you find inspiration?
Everywhere! I have pretty eclectic tastes, so I can find inspiration almost anywhere- music, tv, books. Sometimes things just pop into my head, and I don’t know where they come from.
What is your favorite item you’ve ever made?
I never went to Prom when I was in high school, but I have fun coming up with ridiculous, over-the-top formal dresses, so I can live vicariously through them.
If you had a million dollars, what’s the first handmade item you’d buy?
These Studiojellyfish shoes… I’m not even a shoe person (I know, I’m a sorry excuse for a chick), but these are so sweet. I’d probably have to get the flats though. I’m too clumsy for heels.
What is your favorite book?
I’m interview myself so I’m breaking the rules and picking more than one. Take that, ME!
The House of the Spirits – because I’m obsessed with magic realism
A Game of Thrones – because Lord of the Rings can suck it, George R.R. Martin is so much better than Tolkein
Case Histories – because I love mysteries and this is by far my favorite so far
Itching to know more?
Find more about SmarmyClothes here:
Facebook Personal Page: www.facebook.com/smarmyclothes
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/smarmyclothesdiy
SmarmyClothes is giving away a one of a kind purse!
There are lots of ways to enter, so even us lazy folk have a chance at winning!
This contest will close on November 27th at 11:59 PM EST. I will randomly select one winner after the contest closes.
You MUST comment on this post
with your entries as you complete them.
If you do not comment, I will have no way to count your entries.
You can post a separate comment for each entry or
put all of your entries into one comment.
If you have Liked/Followed/etc. WhatTheCraft in previous giveaways,
you can still use that as entry, just comment saying so.
Ways to Enter:
- “LIKE” SmarmyClothes on Facebook – include your Facebook name in your comment
- “LIKE” WhatTheCraft on Facebook – include your Facebook name in your comment
- Add my Personal Page on Facebook – include your Facebook name in your comment
- Post a Facebook status update with a link to this giveaway – include your Facebook name in your comment
- Follow WhatTheCraft on Twitter – include your Twitter name in your comment
- Follow SmarmyClothes on Twitter - include your Twitter name in your comment
- Retweet this tweet from your Twitter – include your Twitter name in your comment
- Write an original tweet with a link to this giveaway - include your Twitter name in your comment
- Tweet with a link to your favorite item from the SmarmyClothes shop
- Post a Facebook update with a link to your favorite item from the SmarmyClothes shop
- Blog about this giveaway and/or about the SmarmyClothes shop - include a link to the post
PLEASE make sure you include a valid email address with your comment so I can get in touch with you if you win!
This giveaway will end at 11:59 PM EST on Saturday, November 27th, 2010.