Learn how to thread a serger the “cheater” way!
Discover the secret to hiding your thread tails!
Unlock countless mysteries of the sewing universe!
Trouble with the video player?
Click here to watch the video on Youtube.
And the big question: would I recommend the Dreamstitcher 787 to a friend?
The answer is: YES!
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of this machine…
- Heavy duty metal construction
- Handy tool storage on the inside of the door
- An extra door makes threading so. much. easier.
- At about $300, it’s a teensy bit (about $50-100) more expensive than the most “economically-priced” sergers on the market. That being said, I think you’re probably getting more than $100 in extra quality with this machine.
- I’m not sure if it was a printing issue or not, but my manual was almost a little fuzzy/blurry. Normally this wouldn’t be a big deal, but when it comes to following a threading diagram, clarity helps a lot. There was a lot of squinting going on as I was threading and trying to follow the steps in the manual.
Disclosure: I received a Dreamstitcher 787 from Reliable for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this video are my own.