In this video, I’ll demonstrate some basic serger tips and tricks on the Reliable Dreamstitcher 787.
And the big question: would I recommend the Dreamstitcher 787 to a friend?
The answer is: YES!
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of this machine…
- Heavy duty metal construction
- Handy tool storage on the inside of the door
- An extra door makes threading so. much. easier.
- At about $300, it’s a teensy bit (about $50-100) more expensive than the most “economically-priced” sergers on the market. That being said, I think you’re probably getting more than $100 in extra quality with this machine.
- I’m not sure if it was a printing issue or not, but my manual was almost a little fuzzy/blurry. Normally this wouldn’t be a big deal, but when it comes to following a threading diagram, clarity helps a lot. There was a lot of squinting going on as I was threading and trying to follow the steps in the manual.
Disclosure: I received a Dreamstitcher 787 from Reliable for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this video are my own.