This post brought to you by iBulb. All opinions are 100% mine.
Tulips are one of my all-time favorite flowers. I’ve never been a rose girl myself, I’ll take a bouquet of spring tulips and daffodils anyday!
Tulips just scream Spring, which is why I always make sure to buy some cut tulips when it’s still snowy and dreary out. A little reminder of what’s coming in a month or two! You can find them almost anywhere this time of year- the grocery store, flower shop, or garden center.
Here’s a cute little way to show off your tulips with a wee centerpiece. They’re small, easy to DIY, and you can adapt them to fit anything color/theme.
I think these would make really cute wedding centerpieces- think white tulips with silver sequins!
- small vase, jar, or bottle (an old spice jar would work perfectly!)
Let’s get started!
1. Give your jar or bottle a rinse to make sure it’s clean.
Choose your sequins. There are lots of sizes, shapes, and colors! Pick something that will compliment your flowers! I chose these holography hearts that are silver, blue, and lavender. I thought they’d be nice with the mauve tulips.
2. Put a small handful of sequins on the jar. I filled mine about halfway, but you could go all the way to the top of the vase if you wanted more sparkle! If you do fill it to the top, I would put your flower in first and then put the sequins around it, so you can be sure you’ll have room for the flowers!
3. Fill with water and add your flowers!
4. Here’s a neat little trick: add a few drops of lemon juice to the water to keep your blooms fresh extra long!
Check out this Pinterest page for more tulip inspiration and ideas!